Name of the medicinal product:
Azithromycin 500 mg Film-coated Tablets
Qualitative and quantitative composition:
Azithromycin 500 mg Film-coated Tablets:
Each film-coated tablet contains azithromycin dehydrate USP equivalent to azithromycin 500 mg.
White, oblong shaped, film coated tablets with a score line on one side and plain on the other side.
For treatment of the following infections, when caused by microorganisms sensitive to azithromycin :
- Acute bacterial sinusitis (adequately diagnosed)
- Acute bacterial otitis media (adequately diagnosed)
- Pharyngitis, tonsillitis
- Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (adequately diagnosed)
- Mild to moderately severe community acquired pneumonia
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues of mild to moderate severity e.g. folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas.
- Uncomplicated Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis and cervicitis
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.